LEHATBack to Services
LEHAT (Lars Enviro Hybrid Anaerobic Treatment) reactor is a tailor made solution for treatment of typical wastewater where ruggedness and high efficiency at lower reactor volume is required at an affordable cost. Being tailor reactor, it offers smaller footprint area. The process is developed to derive advantage of suspended growth as well as attached growth treatment system in a single reactor.
"LEHAT" process is a hybrid process wherein anaerobic digestion takes place by two advantageous method of attached and suspension mode in the mesophillic range of temperature, i.e. 36°C – 39°C. The pH inside the reactor is usually kept around 7.2. In the reactor, the microorganism is in suspension mode in the bottom half of the reactor while it is attached to the media in the top of the reactor. A sludge bed formed by the microorganism in the bottom half of the reactor degrades the effluent entering the reactor and as the effluent Upflow, it is further treated by the microorganism in the media. This combines the advantage of both the treatment method of UASB and SMAT (Media based treatment) in a single reactor. The sludge production is less since sludge is completely taken care by the reactor.
- Higher COD & BOD reductions with Lower outlet TSS.
- Ideal solution for industry having space constraint.
- Combined advantage of attached and suspended mode in a single reactor.
- No need for granular sludge bed formation and flocculated sludge can also work well.
- Quicker reactor start-up after construction and fast sludge formation.
- Reduced volume due to shorter retention time and high loading rate.
- Smaller Footprint area with a short payback period.
- Easy start-up post maintenance shutdown because of the residing microorganisms in the media.
- No worry about sloughing of sludge since the media stops the sludge from washing off the reactor.
- Consistent and continuous biogas generation due to large micro-organisms retention in reactor.
- High resistance to shock load.No moving parts inside the reactor so less power consumption.
- Reduced Sludge production.