Submerged Media AerationBack to Services
In the Submerged Media Aeration system, digestion of organic matter shall take place by biological-aerobic process.
- The bacteria responsible for digestion process are present in the form of fixed film.
- Geometrically structured PVC media is provided for immobilization of bacteria.
- The PVC media has a very large specific surface, which ensures enormous surface area for the immobilization of bacteria.
- The Submerged Media Aeration chamber is partially packed with structured media fill of PVC.
- This specialty of the media lies in offering very large surface area at a void ratio of 95%.
- The surface area provided by media is around 95-105 m2 per m3.
- The entire media remains submerged in the reactor content.
- The bacteria grow and reside on large surface area provided by media.
- The bacteria developed on media surface takes upon organic content of wastewater to metabolize it and produce biomass.
- Aeration in SAF shall be done by twin lobe blowers. Air shall be provided through fine bubble diffusers to provide desired oxygen to microorganisms.