LESMATBack to Services
LESMAT is an attached growth media reactor. Structured PVC media houses the large number of bacterial colonies in small volume. This enables LESMAT to give better performance at smaller HRT. LESMAT can handle very high COD upto 160000 mg/L without any dilution. We have more than 43 installations of LESMAT to our credit. Many of these are operating for more than 10 years.
- Small foot prints.
- Self sustaining bio-system needs no chemicals to maintain.
- Equipped with structured media with flute opening of above 50 mm thus avoiding the danger of clogging.
- Safely designed economical and inbuilt biogas holder. No separate gas holder is required.
- Rugged system with ‘Fill it and Forget it’ kind of ease of operation
- Quick start-up to the tune of only 48 hours even after long shut down.
- No moving parts inside the digester.
- It operates in completely mixed regime hence no danger of short circuiting.
- Well established technical knowhow.
- Equipped with pressure and vacuum safety devices.
- Offers well mixed flow pattern over attached biolayer.
- Operates in mesophilic range hence no external supplementation of steam is required.
- Resistant to thermal and organic load shocks.
- Attractive payback period of approx. not more than 3 years.
- Existing tanks can be revamped into LESMAT.